As I sit here looking out the window at nothing but white, I’m grateful that I do not have to take any kids to school today. Oy! If we get any more snow, the drifts at the end of my driveway will be so big that I won’t be able to see to get OUT of the driveway! I’ll be stuck here until spring! There is hope. I do see higher temperatures later this week. 🙂
Onto the Menu Plan…
MONDAY – Crock Pot Coq au Vin with gf noodles, and bell pepper strips
TUESDAY – Lentil Soup with raw, cut veggies
WEDNESDAY – Tacos/Taco Salads
THURSDAY – Using up some chicken strips from the freezer, served with mashed potatoes & mixed veggies
FRIDAY – Homemade Pizza (Going to try making some pizza crust with my new Bread for Life Starter. We’re hoping that this will be able to replace some of our gluten free items. Will keep you posted as to our results.)
SATURDAY – Cheeseburger Soup (recipe to follow based on THIS recipe)
Here’s my CHEESEBURGER SOUP recipe:
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
6 oz potatoes, peeled & diced
1 c chopped cauliflower
1 c chopped onions
1 c chopped celery
2 c chopped cabbage
1 c frozen green beans
1 c frozen peas
4 – 6 c water
1 can tomato sauce
1 c diced tomatoes, processed to break up tomato chunks
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp each basil & thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1. Brown beef & turkey in dutch oven; drain fat.
2. While meat is browning chop veggies. (I love using my Progessive Fruit and Vegetable Chopper for this)
3. Add everything (except for frozen veggies) to the pot & bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low & simmer 1-4 hours.
4. Before serving remove your bay leaf & add your frozen veggies; let simmer for another 10 minutes or until they are tender.
4. Serve with shredded cheese, mustard, ketchup, pickle slices or whatever you like to put on your cheeseburgers.
This is now my kiddos’ favorite soup. 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out my Wildtree Website for Delicious, Easy, Follow-Along Recipes for Every Month.
There may be affiliate links in this post. You are under no obligation to purchase anything, they are simply there for your benefit. 🙂