Just wanted to post a recipe for Hamburger Soup that I made in my Instant Pot (which, thankfully, I didn’t have to pay the full price for). 😉 My family loved it!
I based it off of THIS recipe.
1# ground beef
1# ground turkey
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced carrots
(I love using THIS chopper for dicing.)
2 cups shredded cabbage (used coleslaw mix)
2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
2 (14.5 oz) cans of tomato sauce
1/2 TB salt
1/2 TB ground mustard
1 tsp pepper
4-6 cups water
shredded cheese (optional)
chopped dill pickles
1. Select saute on your Instant Pot and brown meat when it says HOT. Once browned, drain fat if desired.
2. Open your cans of tomato products if you haven’t already, and add to the pot while the beef is draining. I like to process the diced tomatoes a bit because my family doesn’t like chunks of tomato in the soup.
3. Add the meat back in and add everything but the water, cheese, and pickles.
4. Add the water in small amounts until it’s about the thickness that you desire. Depending on the size of your pot you may not want to go much more than 4 cups. Do not exceed the Max line!
5. Cancel the Saute option. Place the lid on, making sure to close the vent. Select the Soup option and keep it at 30 minutes.
6. I let the soup naturally release pressure for 15-20 minutes and it still had to depressurize a bit when I opened the vent.
7. Top with shredded cheese and chopped dill pickles if desired.
I hope you enjoy!